Thread: STS Systems
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 12:52 AM   #96 (permalink)
KingDavid
Base Member

Drives: A car
KingDavid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazilbro View Post
I'd like 500ish WHP.. the 37 is good too 600BHP which comes out to like 518whpish
I had a evo b4 this and I know that the 37 hit full boost around 6k with a 2.0L so I would think that with a 3.7 full boost should hit around 3.2-3.4.

Monday I will start calling shops here in town and see if I can get someone to build this for me. Then I will have to go somewhere to get it tuned.
Lol, you're going to be heavily disappointed. I suggest you give STS a call on what turbo (or turbos) you should use in a REAR mount setup.

A rear mount turbo on a traditional turbo set up (in the front like your Evo) will be incredibly inefficient. And a traditional turbo(YOUR GT37!!!) on a rear mount setup will cause lag like you've never imagined. In other words, the maps are different with the traditional and remote(rear) mount setup. This is the reason (or one of them) why you hear people complain about lag with these setups. They custom build them with the wrong type of turbos. I suggest you STOP and do some more homework before you go under the knife. I should have mentioned this earlier.

So sell that turbo and purchase one of theirs since their housings are custom made for that. Call STS for pricing on their turbos. They have many different sizes for different levels of power.

Last edited by KingDavid; 12-08-2009 at 12:54 AM.
KingDavid is offline   Reply With Quote