View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 07:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
nis350
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
nis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond repute

The back up/screech noise is common for the g37s with sport brakes. We took the G to the Infiniti dealer. They lubricated it and it was quiet only for about a month or so.

However, I don't have that noise on my Z.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
I tried searching but with no answers, and hopefully this is the right section.

I recently traded my 07 Z Base to an 09 Z Touring w/ Sports Package and when cold (i.e. first start up) and backing out, the brakes make a whistling noise when applied and stops when released. Not a squeal or screech, but thinking of a person whistling really loud. After the car warms up (and brakes too), the brakes don't make any noise whatsoever.

Someone suggested that I apply wd-40, but isn't this a lubricant? I really didn't like this idea and wanted to ask for feedback on what I could do to make this whistle noise go away.
nis350 is offline   Reply With Quote