View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 04:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
CaramelSwag
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z Y 6MT
CaramelSwag is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by maizenblue View Post
might as well replace the pump itself if your going to mess with the filter. the fuel pump is under the little midget seat behind the passenger seat. you need a pick to pull that tray off and i believe there are 5 10mm bolts you need to remove and then some more phillips head bolts holding the pump in. be careful not to damage the bobber if you DIY
my pump died right around the same mileage youre at now
I'll be doing the work myself because the dealership here is worthless. I think I might have to just bite the bullet and replace the pump and filter. Is the filter in the same area as the pump? Or is it like domestic cars and have it in the rear bumper or some other fun filled place? I'll ask here before I jump on the parts area if anyone happens to have a fuel pump and filter on hand? I appreciate all the help so far, and appreciate all that is to come

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMWEZL View Post
Did you make any hard right turns with less than 1/2 a tank of gas right before it sputtered?The lines could have been fueled starved and upon being tilted by the tow truck gravity worked its magic.

I had something similar when I first got the Z back in 2009. LOL
Nope, I usually don't let it get below half and this was just regular city driving.

Also what other maintenance, upgrades, replacements should I do while I have the pump out?

Last edited by CaramelSwag; 02-27-2015 at 04:10 PM.
CaramelSwag is offline   Reply With Quote