View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 02:28 PM   #708 (permalink)
jpkirk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '14 MidBlu ST MT
jpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotta View Post
No doubt technical advancements are great but they aren't necessarily adding to a more exciting experience. The cars that drive themselves around a track, that have automatic steering, automatic brakes, and automatic gas (Audi) can beat any human driver around a road course but what's the fun in that. I guess if you want to sit in the passenger seat sipping a latte while your car does everything automatically then awesome. When we get to that point in the near future with automatic everything then we will all just be passengers in life and drivers won't exist. Just imagine 10 years from now some 16 yr old driver, "steer a car manually, pffff, that's old school"

I absolutely love technology, I work for a robotics company, but when it comes to cars I guess I like the old technology for at least some parts. Old Porsche 911 turbo whale tale, with the old school mt, is one of my dream cars.

This thread is very good for both manual and automatic drivers, shows that people are different and passionate about things and that's what keeps life interesting. Although for the most part it's just to take jabs at each other.
Yup, I totally agree ... you just described "personal experience." You like manual, I like manual with SRM, FP likes AT. We get to choose. Some will want that experience of not having to pay attention, where a car is just a car that gets you from point a to point b. No amount of wheedling will change a preference in personal experience. It's like religion and free will. Frankly, I have no desire to go to war because FP doesn't desire the same personal experience that I want. As long as we can all motor on in what ever fashion we desire, life is good.

So is friendly competition.

intake | exhaust | wheels | tires | suspension ... um ... stock, do speed stickers count?
intake | exhaust | TE37 SL | RE-11 | suspension ... um ... do speed stickers count? Signature under construction
jpkirk is offline   Reply With Quote