View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 02:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
boosted180
Base Member

Drives: '09 370z sport 6m
boosted180 is on a distinguished road

ok, so it looks like it's fixed *mostly*. As far as street driving, it's fine. No more noises at low speeds in parking lots, going up and down driveways, etc. BUT at last weekend's auto-x, it was clunking under load. In the tight first gear corners. I don't think it'll be a problem at the track as there are no turns on a track that tight and slow. And the noise only comes on in really tight, slow corners under extreme lateral load, and mostly while on the brakes and turning.

I made sure everything is tight. But the problem I think is that the bolt that goes through the hole in the sway bar is not exactly the same diameter (it's a bit smaller than the hole), which causes a tiny bit of free play so under load, it moves around just a tad bit, but enough to cause the clunking noise.

I'm just glad it doesn't do it on the street anymore, but still, it'd be nice to have a permanent, all time fix for this.

Anyone else have noise problems at auto-crosses? Or during hard cornering (high lateral loads)?
boosted180 is offline   Reply With Quote