View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 01:13 AM   #686 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

And so it goes.

At least the tarring and feathering of the heretics around here (including me ) seems to have petered out.

It is interesting that a few DCT/super-slush-box only sports car manufacturers have brought back a clutch pedal operated car for a few specialized models. I think that is a-okay by me.

I also think its great that I can use the pedals or gear shift for rapid up and downshifts when I want to play around (and you can tune them to suit your driving style at load, such that gentler at light load and neck-snapping under moderate load), and then when Tampa traffic forces me to drive at 30 mph in a 45 (meaning up to 50 is technically okay...), I can slide the car into D and cruise with (somewhat) less cursing and screaming.

Nothing against folks who prefer to work the clutch under any and all conditions, but so long as I have control when I want it and can just cruise comfortably when merely trying to endure my commute, I'm happy.

If not a Z35, the next car is going to be a 4c. Bring on the DCT