View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 05:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
RoshDawg
Track Member

Drives: '13 911 C2S
RoshDawg has a spectacular aura aboutRoshDawg has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
True, but IMO the worst thing that can be done, which I bet most people do because of the Z's shitty clutch feel is to hit the pedal to the floor. I bet I can make a CSC fail within 3000 miles if I continuously slammed the pedal to the floor
Sorry for the thread revival, but I'm just now reading this and had no idea pressing the clutch to the floor in between shifts was bad for the car! I have been doing this all my life and its hard to break this habit, and is just another thing I have to think about while shifting. Has anyone put some sort of object behind the clutch pedal that will block the clutch pedal from hitting the floor board, allowing the pedal to be fully pressed while not *actually* being fully pressed? Or does the RJW clutch assembly feature an adjusting mechanism such as this?

Thinking about getting the RJW, Z1 SS clutch line and putting in some AP Racing Dot 5.1 in there to buy myself some more time. Any other easy mods that doesn't require taking apart the trans to help delay CSC failure?