View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 11:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
GSS138
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z 6M Sport
GSS138 is a jewel in the roughGSS138 is a jewel in the roughGSS138 is a jewel in the rough

I do track at least twice a month. I am starting to get close to what would be considered competitive times in entry level time attack. The KW v3's have been proven on track. Clint Focus on this site who is a much more experienced driver than I and could be consider pro/semi professional skill wise has put it in times on KW v3's that make my times look paltry in the same car on the same track.

That being said I feel the BC's with the correct springs/sways could match them at the track no problem, if not exceed them. However, they will never have the street feel of the KW's. KW's are more of a high performance street setup that does very well at track because they are factory tuned so well. With a little knowledge of bump/rebound, they can be setup to be a very effective track coil-but I don't think that is their primary application.

There is no comparison to a canyon run to being at a track. There is just physically no way you can do on a public road what a car experiences at a real road course-even if you tried(which you should not).

The BC is a racing coil, albeit a low end racing coil, I could understand why someone might not like them for street, but valved and sprung properly for street, they should be fine. I would not expect them to feel quite as smooth as the V3's but at half the price, I have to give them a thumbs up.

My suggestion if you are unhappy with them on street would be to either respring/valve them, or sell them to one of your track buddies and switch to v1's v3's or Koni+SwiftR's. All of which are excellent choices.

Last edited by GSS138; 02-26-2015 at 11:07 AM.
GSS138 is offline   Reply With Quote