View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 10:20 AM   #583 (permalink)
AntiVenom
Track Member

Drives: 2011 KAD 6MT
AntiVenom has a spectacular aura aboutAntiVenom has a spectacular aura aboutAntiVenom has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Synergy View Post
i know its been asked, sorry, being lazy...whats wrong with packing fuel foam in the drivers side again?
i assume it's a PITA to install or someone would have tried it already. i've even seen a couple of posts where phunk said "put foam in the tank, let me know"

i'd say my biggest deterrent for installing foam would be foam breakdown/clogging issues. i haven't really thought about foam for some years, but i remember from 4x4 days that guys with extreme rockcrawlers, using foam, would often see that foam break down and clog the system (albeit temporarily). i've read that some foams are better than others and IIRC it has something to do with colors, which i can only assume is a difference in compound/polymer more than aesthetics. they also recommend always keeping a full tank when the truck was stored.

based on his interactions with others phunk seems pretty open to finding alternate solution. i saw someone post about a holley product that works on surface tension principle that looked pretty trick. also someone mentioned putting multiple picks up in the tank (which i guess is complicated by the fuel pump inlet design on our cars).

anyway, just throwing my 1 cent in...
AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote