View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 09:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stock Brakes Question

I tried searching but with no answers, and hopefully this is the right section.

I recently traded my 07 Z Base to an 09 Z Touring w/ Sports Package and when cold (i.e. first start up) and backing out, the brakes make a whistling noise when applied and stops when released. Not a squeal or screech, but thinking of a person whistling really loud. After the car warms up (and brakes too), the brakes don't make any noise whatsoever.

Someone suggested that I apply wd-40, but isn't this a lubricant? I really didn't like this idea and wanted to ask for feedback on what I could do to make this whistle noise go away.
vtec to vvel is offline   Reply With Quote