View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 08:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
GSS138
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z 6M Sport
GSS138 is a jewel in the roughGSS138 is a jewel in the roughGSS138 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidZ370 View Post
You have to understand that there is a reason why they are so cheap lol, all of the coils are easy to install and quality has nothing to do with customer service. Besides lowering the car there doesn't seem to be much difference in handling at all, so why spend so much just to lower the car. For sure you cant track on these properly. Not to mention all those noises from the suspension when you go over bumps. ( well you get the point, you can track them but what im trying to say is that they're not very good if you are a track junkie) . Coil overs are upgraded to improve handling and I don't think these have so much of a difference. Rather add another couple hundred bucks and get a used set of KWV3s my
Well I agree and disagree with some things you have said. For a daily driven car, sways will make much more difference in the "feel" of the ride than coils. Also if a smoother ride is what you want, I would say coils with linear springs is not the way to go. BC is a entry level track/performance coilover and for that application I would say it is a great buy. If I wanted a smoother ride overall, I definitely would have gone koni/swift spec-R setup. But my goal is building a track car and maybe getting something that gets 40 miles ag allon to get to work by the end of this year.

I track at least twice a month these days, and even though it has taken me 5+ months to dial in my rates on the BC's, I am very impressed with what the BC's have done and how well they can dampen track level conditions for their price.

Don't confuse that with having a nice soft, buttery ride on the way to work- I don't. A linear spring on a racing damper isn't supposed to be nice and smooth-it is supposed to handle extreme turns and weight changes etc.

The KW v1 and V3 are both going to deliver a smoother daily driver ride period. They have progressive springs that do a much better job of absorbing the little bumps and cracks of daily/street driving than a linear spring could ever hope to do. That is what they are designed to do, and they do it quite well.

But as a entry level track coilover that performs, I would definitely say the BC's are ultimately the better track choice than a KW V3, mainly because of the custom valving and the extensive selection of spring rates. As an out of the box silky smooth daily driver coil that does quite well at the track, the V3 is a better choice-but it is also about twice the price.

Last edited by GSS138; 02-25-2015 at 08:45 PM.
GSS138 is offline   Reply With Quote