View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 12:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
nis350
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
nis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond repute

1.25q/5k miles seems a bit excessive and was a good idea to keep the level at the upper dot just in case. .5q/5k miles is probably normal for our motors.

Just putting in 5q is probably not a bad idea as other poster suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Frye View Post
I keep mine topped off at the top dot all the time. Since I switched from Redline to Pennzoil Ultra the consumption dropped from 1.25 quarts/5K miles to about a half quart/5K miles so it's much easier to monitor. I don't know if the drop in oil consumption was coincidental with the change in brands, maybe it was because the engine had about 35K miles on it when I switched and was finally settling down but at least now I don't worry about the oil level dropping more than a few mm below the top dot before I see it and add a few ounces of oil.
nis350 is offline   Reply With Quote