View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 06:09 PM   #631 (permalink)
11Thumper
Track Member

Drives: '11 370Z, '01 S2k
11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future

Funny to see people's views here...

Why care so much 6MT vs. 7AT? I've been driving stick since I learned to drive and do it quite well. I'm pretty sure most here who argue so much in favor of the 6MT can't shift as well as the 7AT in reality. Not insulting anyone here, but trying to figure out the whole point of the argument. Just buy what you want and live with it. I have the 7AT and I'm quite happy with it. Sure, it can get boring but in the mountains I don't feel like I'm missing anything over my S2k. I mean really, do you feel THAT much more connected to your car in 90% of your driving to work/the store/movies/etc just because you have the 6MT?

I get it, shifting on your own is cool. If the 7AT wasn't so good I would be totally in favor of the 6MT. However, both are great transmissions so just pick what you want. I personally feel the weakness of the clutch slave cylinder makes the 6MT a headache to begin with since replacing it requires dropping the transmission.
11Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote