View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 07:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
J5isalive
Base Member

Drives: Evo X
J5isalive is on a distinguished road
Default 2009 Nismo 370z....what should I offer?

Well i went and checked out a 2009 370z Nismo, needless to say I liked the car and tried to make an offer on it........The dealership was less than helpful and pretty much ignored me.... I am willing to give them one more shot.

What I have to offer....

-2008 Evolution X, 22k miles, factory body kit, SSS (sight sound spoiler) package, minimal mods (exhaust, ect...)
-cash.

My Evo is paid off, and I will not finance the 370z.

I offered them my Evo + 12k OTD. They told me they couldnt get a trade in value on my car and for me to take it to Carmax and they would match the offer.... This made me angry.... So let me get this strait, take my car to Carmax and get a lowball offer. When they said that to me i said "ok, let me take the 370z to Carmax and see what they will offer for it".... I was dealing with a terrible salesman and I don't think i could buy from him, if i go back i hope he isn't there.

All I want is 25k for my car, and to walk away with the Nismo at 37k. I see it as break even for the dealer, they will sell the evo for 28, making up for the loss they had on the front side. Do they not want to move there 09's?

Clearly this was my first offer, and I was willing to negotiate, but my sales man was too busy telling me he wasn't a "green pea" and that "i will work for you and get you a great deal" to realize that I wanted to leave with the car...

So what plan of attack should i take with these guys? or should i even bother? I don't believe there is another 09 nismo near by, but i wouldn't mind driving if I could get a good deal.

Before someone asks why I am getting rid of the Evo.... It has 4 doors, I hate driving co-workers to lunch, I hate its crappy interior, I hate having no torque... I just want a car I can be happy with and I think the 370 could make me a little more happy.

Thanks for the help guys....

The dealership I went to was Gwinnett Place Nissan (Georgia)... salesman Weis (forgot his last name).... I was not happy with them, but again, if i can work something out i don't mind driving the car away from their lot.

John
J5isalive is offline   Reply With Quote