View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 04:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
Firebase99
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 3.8 Gen Coupe GT
Firebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvl View Post
Need to drive it but absolutely on the radar.

Anyone here ever owned one before?

Our Z-R replaced a 150K '92 NA6 car that I had modified (and unmodified) for the 12+ years I owned it.

You either get them or don't: its not for everyone but the power plant down may be 1.7L and 100+ HP over the current Z but at 1000 lbs lighter that is a recipe for fun on the street. Most folks are fine with a quick car: you don't need a fast car to have fun on public roads.

Its about balance, and my NA6 was more fun then the Z overall. The Z has things the old girl never had and gets kudos for those properties but for me (and hundreds of thousands of other folks out there in the last 23+ years) a Miata just works.

The touch of italian in the new design while being true to the overall miata (er, lotus-ish) design is a good look. The NC was never a great looker.

Will be interesting if they let the mazda speed folks either deliver a 200 HP screamer of an engine or a 200 HP low boost version in 2018. I'd bet on a low boost (perhaps 1.6 or 1.8l) version to help with both CAFE and emissions over a screamer.

- b
I agree with this and NYBladeZ. For a DD, its WAY overpriced for what you get. It has been a fantastic proven track toy. Still wouldnt want one, Id probably a used Z for less and beat the **** out of it Sebring.
Firebase99 is offline   Reply With Quote