View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 04:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kaldaien
Base Member

Drives: 2015 370z Nismo Tech
Kaldaien is a splendid one to beholdKaldaien is a splendid one to beholdKaldaien is a splendid one to beholdKaldaien is a splendid one to beholdKaldaien is a splendid one to beholdKaldaien is a splendid one to beholdKaldaien is a splendid one to behold
Default Moving to Los Angeles

So, I finally got my career restarted and got a job in Los Angeles. That is going to be a ~3000 mile drive and once I get there the number of laws regarding my car are enough to make my head spin.

I have to
  1. Remove the window tint from my driver/passenger door
  2. Remove a few intake/exhaust components (Good thing I planned ahead and kept the OEM parts)
  3. Add a front license plate frame
  4. Move my radar detector off the windshield

I know as soon as I get California plates on my car if I do not get that tint removed I will be pulled over once every day until I fix it because black windows really contrast against a white body

But it is number 4 that absolutely kills me. Where the hell am I supposed to mount my radar detector so that the laser sensor works if I am not allowed to have anything hanging from the windshield? If I mount it to the dashboard it will not have a clear line of sight out the rear.

Who makes these crazy laws in California and is there anything I am forgetting?
Kaldaien is offline   Reply With Quote