View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 01:45 AM   #155 (permalink)
crystalline
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nismo 370z
crystalline is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich2342 View Post
We are dealing with different platforms here. I have an 03 Z and was tuned with Uprev with HFC's for 2 years and passed each year, however I still would have at least two sensors n/a or unsupported but it was enough to pass.

the third year, I swapped the HFC's for ART pipes and re-tuned one of 5 maps. I went for inspection and failed that same year.

The reasons are twofold:
1. subsequent years were there was unsupported or n/a codes(at least two)
2. Rom was flashed i.e. tuned. Massachusetts now knows anytime a ROM has flashed as it is not the original manufacturer code/serial number. --This was told to me directly by the inspector at the Mac center after I went for re-inspection and de-tuned and removed the ART pipes.
Something else had to have triggered the MAC flag, all of us have reflashed uprev maps. It seems more likely based on your previous post that you car was flagged some how for having sensors disabled for the past two years. I passed inspection with stock tune first, then uprev tune 1 , and uprev retuned. 4 years and 4 stickers with 3 different maps.

Before this my 3.5VQ maxima had headers, and in order to pass I used an O2 sim so that my rear sensors showed ready and defeated the CEL without disabling it. In the past you could have 1 or 2 read not ready and still pass, it seems like this is no longer true. The consensus I got from the different forums is that if you try to pass with disabled sensors now you will fail immediatly. Why even bother with disabling them its easy enough to fool the car into not throwing a CEL.

Last edited by crystalline; 02-21-2015 at 01:48 AM.
crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote