View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 11:01 PM   #37 (permalink)
Gregor12
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370z 6mt sport
Gregor12 is just really niceGregor12 is just really niceGregor12 is just really niceGregor12 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33T Z34 View Post
You can delete the OEM idiot lite switch/oil pressure in '09s. Mine has never came on since removal. If your engine oil pressure warning lite came on, then Nissan musta changed the ECU ROM to recognize it in later models. I agree w/not removing the OEM oil temperature sensor, the ECU uses that to factor in controlling multiple tasks (you'll get a SES lite for sure). JDM tradition to make the oil pressure threads BSPT. The oil temp sensor threads are metric, but you shouldn't remove this anyway. I used an oil pan drain plug adapter for my Defi oil temp sensor.
I agree! I think the oil temp is a 10x1.25. So stupid. Can't remember because it's been so long though. I had the oil oressure disconnected and it threw a service engine soon light. But the oil temp was still connected. I ended up using a sandwich adapter which contains my factory oil pressure sending unit, and podi oil temp. Then put my podi oil pressure sender In the block where the factory one went lol.
Gregor12 is offline   Reply With Quote