View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 03:29 PM   #35 (permalink)
Robert Yuras
Base Member

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370Z
Robert Yuras is on a distinguished road

Ride height will still not get it close. What if the chassis is twisted slightly? What about if suspension components are bound during ride height setting and become unbound after roll out? What about spring settle?

I was also a crew chief of two C5R teams. I can assure you that my cars wouldn't just get the ride height set and "go".

Additionally, if your bushings are in good shape, they will give a consistent response. This consistency allows for proper chassis tuning. I do agree there is a variable that exists with rubber bushings, but it is minimal. You can corner weight a car with rubber/poly bushings.

Formula D cars need basic adjustments compared to RR cars. Often times drift cars compete on parking lots or small circle tracks. Their speeds are low and the steering input often just goes from one input to the near (extreme) opposite, additionally the track conditions are poor compared to what many of the RR guys run.

Fwiw: everyone has their perspective on setting up a car. I enjoy discussing it, heck even arguing about it, I normally learn something in the end.
Robert Yuras is offline   Reply With Quote