Thread: tuning gains
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 05:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Clint@Altered
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: econobox
Clint@Altered is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
I just wan't to throw something out there... Just connecting some dots here and what i'm seeing is 500+ hp turbo kits on an 11 to 1 compression ratio engine, with nothing but fuel tunes as the timing does its own thing right now for both cobb and uprev... does that sound right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixlimited View Post
If I am reading all of this correctly, you guys aren't able to tune timing tables yet, right? How safe is a N/A car that has been converted to FI without adjusted timing? I saw that your kit got good numbers, but that just seems to be a really sub-optimal set-up. On my old Suby, timing was what we spent the most time tuning.
I've seen this question thrown around a lot lately. From the post I made in the 370ZTT Thread:

We had great success working with the COBB AP (and COBB directly) with this 370ZTT. With the MAFS, the car drives flawlessly. The cobb software can drop the timing curve, but the ECU has a lot of logic that modifies the curve to be what is optimal for the car at any give time.
So timing changes must be well matched - say if the curve that you've put in is too aggressive, at points the ECU may adjust. We tested the COBB AP extensively with the 370Ztt and experienced no knock, no limp modes, no codes (HFCs work wonders) and the car simply runs perfect (and moves out!)

I am not sure about the G37 however as it is different and we have not yet (but soon) tuned a twin turbo g37 with the COBB. The only way we could control the G37 required hard-wiring f-cons in the past.

AAM COMPETITION VQ37 Turn-Key Twin Turbo Packages
Available Now!
www.alteredatmosphere.com ClintonM@alteredatmosphere.com

Last edited by Clint@Altered; 12-07-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Clint@Altered is offline   Reply With Quote