View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 01:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Well they have stock sizes at least. 235/245/255/275 widths available in 19s.
I was really tempted to go with them on stock sizes, but I definitely prefer a wider rear tire. If they came in 285's I would go with them.

Basically it looks like Dunlops are overall excellent -- but narrower widths available than desired for me.

RE-11's excellent dry and wet, but not the absolute best on either.

BFG's, kinda suck on wet, but seem to fare generally better than the others on dry, come in sizes I want (and, curiously, have lower rolling resistance, so that means slightly better gas mileage) -- and I kind of wanted to try something new.

Compare and contrast here, BFG vs RE-11 vs Dunlop's: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=172

They are within $6 from the RE-11's, so I think I'll try them out and see what I think. I kind of expect to like them more than the RE-11's except when it rains, but we'll see.

I went through this sort of back-and-forth between the Falken Azenis/RT-615 and the Kumho Ecstas/MX's on my old SC'd Celica -- sadly neither come in sizes I can use on the Z.

I considered Advan's too, but too expensive for sizes I want.

Thanks again, folks, for all the input!

Last edited by Jordo!; 02-20-2015 at 01:43 PM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote