View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 06:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fuzzzy
Track Member

Drives: 2014 370Z 7AT MR
Fuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
If you have Bose, loose it all.

Upgrade your deck, components, and 3-1/2"s and put a sub in the rear hatch. Amplify 50 watts RMS minimum per channel and enjoy the day.

Jump Fuzzzzy... I already did.
Thanks for the encouragement. No Bose here; I'm allergic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-NC View Post
"I have also considered the DNN991 due to price drops, but I'm afraid I will miss a few of the DNN992's features a few years from now."

Help me out with that. I even went page by page through both owner's manuals without finding much more than variations in wording. Oh, and lines for the backup camera. Unless there's iPhone upgrades (I don't do the iPhone thing...).

The DNN992 would probably run me at least $250-350 more than what I'll be able to get the DNN991HD for. And I'd be willing to pay it for new features that will make a difference. I just couldn't find any. So I figure I can take that money and stash it in my "DNN997" fund.
Well, damn! I thought I had already done the line-by-line comparison between the 991 and 992. Apparently, I had done one of those against a "lower" model. I just went and ran it, and you're right. The only other thing I saw that didn't appear to be just a re-statement was something in the Bluetooth specs. Thanks!

[Edit: The smart-phone mirroring is new. Not sure if that would add any value for me though.]

I'm allergic to Apple products as well.

Last edited by Fuzzzy; 02-19-2015 at 06:29 PM.
Fuzzzy is offline   Reply With Quote