View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 03:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fuzzzy
Track Member

Drives: 2014 370Z 7AT MR
Fuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Steve,

Thanks for the info. I'm already psychologically committed to the upgrade. The hesitation is for decision on equipment (bells & whistles) and time-frame. But I am getting eager to get something done.

I have also considered the DNN991 due to price drops, but I'm afraid I will miss a few of the DNN992's features a few years from now.

The audio shop that did the Dynamat install actually used a product that is listed at Ballistic on my invoice. They assured me it was just as good as Dynamat but a bit cheaper. They charged me $240 for a "roll" for the hatch plus $90 for a "speaker" kit for the doors. Plus $300 for labor. They seem to have done a good job and had to keep my Z overnight to finish it. I'm sure I took a bath, and probably could have done at least the hatch on my own if my back wasn't habitually "stove up." But it has worked like a charm. My Z isn't "sedan quiet," but road noise is very much quietened. Spread over the "life expectancy" of the Z for me, I can swallow it.

This is really the only auto audio shop within at least 150 miles, so I'm prepared to be raped on the install job. IF I'm satisfied with what I have when it's over. That is really my biggest question now.

Thanks again, and good luck with your project.
Fuzzzy is offline   Reply With Quote