View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 01:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard both sides of the story, break in the way you drive/thank the kid at the dealer who did a burn out in your car... Then I speak to the engineers at work... They say 90+% of the break in is done in the first few strokes of the engine being on and within a few miles of the car being driven. BUT they all baby their cars as well, some say in case a bigger piece of metal flies off at 6k RPMs the oil may not have the chance to prevent it from getting sucked into something.

They all said a few oil changes should be done very quickly.

Personally, I'd say break it in properly. You just spent $30-50k on the car, why not spend some time breaking it in? And I'd do an oil change after like 100 miles, then keep driving slow to about 1000 and do another oil change.