View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 11:17 AM   #60 (permalink)
Juan@Fontana
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Z32
Juan@Fontana has a reputation beyond reputeJuan@Fontana has a reputation beyond reputeJuan@Fontana has a reputation beyond reputeJuan@Fontana has a reputation beyond reputeJuan@Fontana has a reputation beyond reputeJuan@Fontana has a reputation beyond reputeJuan@Fontana has a reputation beyond reputeJuan@Fontana has a reputation beyond reputeJuan@Fontana has a reputation beyond reputeJuan@Fontana has a reputation beyond reputeJuan@Fontana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleONE View Post
I am well aware of boost by gear setups however I do not think that is what's going on here.

What kind of boost controller is this car running?
this is just my thoughts, now I'm not saying this is a fact. from my perspective whenever i tune a car it is always good to double check in higher gears. reason behind why i do it is that the taller gears will load the engine more, spools the turbos sooner and at times depending on wastegate and manifold efficiency they might even creep a bit more boost. (i've noticed this mainly on DIY setups where the setup isn't engineered correctly) so it's always good to double check to make sure you are still in the safe zone and within a comfortable margin on both AFR, EGT's and Knock threshold in the 5th gear load cells. so if you tune a car the entire time say in 4th gear, it is always good to make a 5th and 3rd gear pass to make sure all is well.

-Juan
Juan@Fontana is offline   Reply With Quote