View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 07:13 AM   #146 (permalink)
Gregor12
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370z 6mt sport
Gregor12 is just really niceGregor12 is just really niceGregor12 is just really niceGregor12 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Synergy View Post
like said i had half a CAI, CBE and RPF1's on the stock tune. after LTH's i went up to 293hp. why with the cats removed you're still 8 more hp idk.

no SAE and STD are the same they just target different temps and humidity. STD is a lower temp which if a car was running in a lower temp it'd produce more HP from the cooler more dense air unless youre actually blowing hot air at the DJ sensors. if you do this you screw the sensor up so much the car will show a ton of power because youre still moving the drum fast but the sensors reading like 100+ degrees.

what i dont get is all DJ are calculated the same unless youre on a DJ thats both an inertia and load cell (DJ does make these hybrids). so with the calculation set to either STD or SAE whether in Dever in winter or Miami in summer the same car should put down the same numbers no matter what. the hybrids are like a mustang and whatever you input you get change the output unlike a normal inertia DJ.
Oh okay gotcha, thanks for schooling me on that! Haha it was too late to do research. We will find out once I put my car on. I've gotta guy on here bringing his stock 370 to see what he puts down as well! Hat makes sense though. It was very good temp that day as well. I think humidity was only around 30% and it was 50 degrees. We kept oil temps at 175. Saw good power there. Been thinking about a oil cooler as the next mod.

Last edited by Gregor12; 02-19-2015 at 07:19 AM.
Gregor12 is offline   Reply With Quote