View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 03:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwsrt6 View Post
I wouldn't go with the xs if you're going to ruin stock class autocross.. stock class requires 200 treadwear now. .
Everyones driving style is different, I like the widest front tire possible with whatever rear will hold the car in place and not spin out of corners. 285 so far is good, I ran the xs in 285 wit a new tire up front and old ones on the rear and the car lift off oversteerd quite a bit, now with the rival I can turn fast and power out quick so I'm happy.. but everyone drives different. You can run a 285/305 setup and still get great turn in
I'm definitely not going with the XS's -- good tires, but I'd be forced to mismatch F and R, and there are others that outperform them now.

This is mainly for spirited DD -- I'm leaning towards the BFG G-force Rivals now, which will give me a 255/40 F and 285/35 R. They seem to dominate dry traction, even over the RE-11's, although the latter are a bit more predictable in the wet.

If anyone knows whether the Dunlops ZII's come in a 285 or 295 for 19" wheels, I will go with that. I can't find them in that size...

I liked the RE-11's, but I feel stickier tires are out there.

Anyone here running BFG GF R's?

Edit: Are you running the BFG Rivals?

Last edited by Jordo!; 02-19-2015 at 12:41 PM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote