View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 12:14 PM   #91 (permalink)
Firebase99
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 3.8 Gen Coupe GT
Firebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
I say option 1 based on the engine itself. if we get a boosted V6 from factory it opens up more possibilities for power where slight tweaks or a tune can make the factor of not shedding weight irrelevant.

look at the tenability of a GT-R or BMW 335. couple breathers and a tune and you're gaining 100WHP most cases.

the problem with boost and the current Z is that we're boosting a factory N/A motor. usually never ends well. but a boosted factory motor would be nice to play with and help us in the long run.

if Nissan builds a block as solid as the GT-R's for the Z it'll have great potential.
Maybe youre right...I just imaging my old 370 with 70 more HP...sweet. But having a 3000 pound car with 332 HP certainly makes a good argument too.
Firebase99 is offline   Reply With Quote