View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 01:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
KingDavid
Base Member

Drives: A car
KingDavid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
Twin Turbo is nice but I'm not really a turbo guy. They make great power and it feels like the car is gonna take off, but I hate "hitting Boost." I'm talking A Lysholm style twin screw supercharger that looks like a roots blower but the rotors are conical and in a male female relationship that positively compresses the air in side the case of the blower. You "hit Boost" as soon as you put the pedal to the floor and it's at peak right away, there is no boost curve. HUGE torque gains and effectively it's like putting a V12 in your car. It has advantages over a roots setup because the rotors are more efficient so the air charge is cooler and it take less power to drive the supercharger. It also doesn't taper off towards redline like a roots blower does and a whipple 140ax 2.3L blower is capable of pushing 600hp worth of air, with units up over 4Liters available. Of course no one makes a kit with one of these compressors currently so you would have to make it yourself, good thing I happen to be a machinist huh? oh and the whipple i mentioned costs about 2,400 for just the compressor.
That doesn't sound too good. Sounds like a spin-fest.
KingDavid is offline   Reply With Quote