View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 08:22 AM   #38 (permalink)
thangcu35
Base Member

Drives: '12 Sport/Tour/Nav
thangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond reputethangcu35 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Werty View Post
Don't forget too we're talking about different dynos on different sides of the country with different conditions etc etc etc. As I have said before... Wait for a trap speed and then we'll see what this kit is made of...
While I agree that trap speed does speak of power to weight, dont you think track conditions such as air temp, elevation and baro pressure play a factor in the trap speed for that particular day and setup? Hell even powershifting will add 2-3 more mph, so unless its the same driver its not even comparable. That's why even in stock form, there are varying trap speed and 1/4 times across the country. I tend to trust "Dynojet" more than trap speed or any other dyno simply because the operator has no control over the input of variables. I have tested 3 dynojets on previous cars that I tuned and they all read within 2-3% with temps and baro pressures varying from summer to winter.

Last edited by thangcu35; 02-16-2015 at 08:26 AM.
thangcu35 is offline   Reply With Quote