View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 11:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

When we are talk drive shaft, are we talking shaft from gear of gearbox to nose of diff (which is a tail-shaft in my frame of referrence) or half-shaft from flange at side of diff to rear axle upright ... sorry - I am at work can cannot view any of the video's.

UJ in the tail-shaft are sericeable and can be replaced - is not a "big" job and any competent mechanic can do the job.

The half-shaft is not strictly speaking a serviceable part but one of my race-buddies regularly changes the inner and outer CV joint and re-uses the drive-shaft itself as the drive-shaft (in that race application) is lifed at twice the life of a CV joint - repalce the CV joints and next time junk the lot and replace the entire assembly. Disassembly of the CV joint is a bit tedious.
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote