View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 03:50 PM   #698 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z eliminator View Post
I talk to him all the time. Hopefully he will have the stroker ready to ship in less than a month. Yes there have been setbacks.
But make no mistake GTM will make a comeback.
A lot smaller but he intends to make every thing right over time.

Z
A machine shop in town here just did a 4.0L or 4.3L (cant remember which size) VHR stroker for a non-forum-member I know. Took them about 8-10 weeks with delays in backordered main bearings from ACL and the first set of pistons being the wrong pistons. Cost him less than $10,000 for the entire short block said and done and assembled ready and waiting for heads.

The customer paid around $5000-6000 up front for the parts, then the bill for the machine work, assembly, etc at time of delivery.

Let me know if you want me to put you in touch with this shop.