View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 12:33 PM   #41 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsarver View Post
Knowing this ahead I may be out of the running for this. I don't trust myself for adjustments in the future. I was planning on having this installed as well. This is a great thread and I feel I've made my decision on the zspeed because there is no upkeep on it.
I know there's some sort of rebuild kit for the Zspeed CSC, so they don't last forever. But it should be sturdy enough to last at least the life of your clutch, making it easy to coordinate the rebuild labor with replacing the clutch. I can definitely see the draw. A Z1 kit also doesn't work with the piping on some turbo kits.

My draw to the Z1 kit was that it removes the clutch hydraulic system from the transmission housing entirely. So if I ever have any problems with it, no dropping the transmission again. I really don't think you can go wrong with either kit except for the ZSpeed CSC paired with a Spec clutch or the Z1 kit with certain turbo piping.

And just to be clear, the adjustment is incredibly easy. It is easily accessible and convenient if you already have the car in the air for other maintenance. It's literally one bolt, one lock nut, and some washers. Two other nuts get loosened to turn the rear threaded rod. You can easily see it in this photo. The bolt attaches the cylinder to the black support bracket that comes with the kit.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote