View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 12:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
JAOz
Base Member

Drives: 15 370Z Red
JAOz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwi View Post
I have not driven either to be honest. I like the looks of the FR-S but it is not really a vehicle I would choose to buy. They both have "back seats" and that is just wasted space/added weight I will never use.
Obviously I love the way the Z looks. The others are ok, but they don't make me look back at them while walking through a parking lot.
I would love to drive around a FR-S for a week or so just to check out the steering input and handling. The GC, meh, the car has a lot of potential I think, but doesn't hold a candle to the Z in the dept. of looks, interior and overall performance.
It is also difficult to shake the old thoughts of quality when I hear the name hyundai lol The ex had a tiburon that was a POS and we had an elantra for a rental and literally the visor fell off driving out of the dealership parking lot and would shake like no tomorrow @60 mph it had 200 miles on it. That was not inspiring me to buy any of their cars, even if it was just a fluke.
The FR-S is definitely a respectable sports car. It does connect the driver to the road beautifully. However, it certainly lacks power. It's reported to have 200hp. But, it's hard to believe; probably because the torque is so lame. I also liked the looks of the FR-S, especially the front.
You're right about hyundai's quality. It was severely lacking in the GC. However, my buddy has a Santa Fe Sport that is actually really really nice! So, hyundai has the ability to produce a top quality car; they just don't always do.
JAOz is offline   Reply With Quote