View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 04:15 AM   #83 (permalink)
Zipper 104
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '13 PW/Frost/Spt/AT
Zipper 104 will become famous soon enough
Default Hmmm

I have no idea what Bose setup is in my Z. Frankly, it disturbed me when I saw Nissan put in Bose stuff. (It has Sat radio, a CD changer, whatever) I have the leather seats and the auto dimming/Homelink mirror stuff so I guess that dictates what Bose setup I have.
I have no real idea if it is 'good enough' since road noise is so bad. I would never consider tearing my car apart to install aftermarket stuff until I made a decent attempt beforehand at quieting the car down. I have reasonably serious coin in a system at home yet have no desire, nor expectations of decent audio in my Z, so I get that plenty of people are happy with Bose in their cars. OTOH, my rationale for 'joe average' being of the opinion that Bose is high end has a lot to do with them being 'fed the Bose koolaid' so they are less apt to speak up if they think it sucks when they audition the stuff. I know people with those crappy Sound Cube home theatre systems that think they are great, but more often than not it came down to spousal satisfaction. Small and unobtrusive is best, honey; it's expensive so it must be good. No need to listen to it critically nor bother listening to anything else.

Zipper 104 is offline   Reply With Quote