View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 07:52 AM   #5731 (permalink)
kayha12
Base Member

Drives: 05 OBP WRX
kayha12 is on a distinguished road

In regards to GTRs and warranties, there's a thread on that forum about warranty stories, what happened, whether it was warrantied or not, and how they got to that point. The moral of that thread is, there is no black and white with Nissan warranties, especially with the GTR as they know how expensive it is to replace stuff. So cars who are modded beyond bolt ons and tune, have had trans replaced because they were close with the service manager, to cars that are almost bone stock that were denied warranty work.

You don't understand how many times I had to explain this when I was at AAM, and of course it would just be easiest to say yes or no, but the reality is, there is no definite answer besides keep your car bone stock and leaving traction control on lol

Launching a GTR in anything but R-R-OFF you might well just roll off the line, all it'll do is bog, but everyones afraid to launch with traction control off, bunch of babies lol

Edit: I've been out of the GTR hype for over a year now so I'm sure there are a lot of nice aftermarket launch control softwares. I know EcuTek did an awesome job with their launch that would detech slip, and tether power accordingly. I'm sure they've advanced even more in the last year (and or Cobb caught on). However I believe all of this requires traction control to be turned off

Last edited by kayha12; 02-11-2015 at 07:55 AM.
kayha12 is offline   Reply With Quote