Thread: Winter beater
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 07:32 AM   #54 (permalink)
Duc_Z09
Track Member

Drives: With the blinker on.
Duc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 ST View Post
Notice they are both mustangs? I'm not sure that's a coincident...I drive my Z all year round have over 200,000 miles on it half are winter, good tires and it's fine. Just don't drive like a A-hole.
I drove through 14 winters in that car before my luck finally ran out. I was only going 40mph at the time; the road went from wet to icy very suddenly and I wasn't the only one in the median that day... one of the people who stopped was in a 350Z and he was crapping nickles. In fact someone I work with slid his 350Z off the road that very same afternoon, only difference was there didn't happen to be a sign in the way when he went off. The point is $h*t happens in RWD cars when the roads get slick and you're better off with a winter beater, preferably 4WD.

I got my salvaged 04 Grand Cherokee (72k miles) for $1500 and have another 2k in fixing everything that's wrong with it and adding a lift kit and various accessories. By the time I finish painting it this spring it's actually going to be quite nice. Best insurance policy I ever got.
2009 370z #206 (all mods are Home Depot)
2009 Ducati 848 (full Ohlins, Termignoni, etc)
2003 Grand Cherokee (long arms, big tires, 4.56, lockers)
Duc_Z09 is offline   Reply With Quote