View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 11:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache_Driver View Post
Kenchan: the bit of *edit* amonia in windex works wonders on many car related things. We're going to have to just agree to disagree on that point, because windex will always be a part of my cleaning arsenal. I have a lot of experience with the Griot's windowcleaner, and sure it's great for when you want to show your car, but for daily maitenance, unless you want to spend 30 minutes on your windows, it's a pain buffing off all the milky residue left behind. If you have the time, of course it's a better product, but for quick cleaning of bug guts and crud off of windows and lights, I still will always go to windex.

I will use your advice and stick to microfiber towels. I don't make a practice of using windex on paint, believe me, I just had it in my hand when I saw the first adhesive mark and thought what the hell, lets see what this does. Will use your advice fully once this weather clears up. Thanks again for your time and the advice.

Cheers
naw, WindowCleaner is just a dilluted mix of rubbing alcohol and distilled water actually. no residue left behind. you either are using paper towels or dirty mf towels, or not the right mf towels made for glass.

it's actually windex that leaves behind residue that will fog up later on when used on the inside glass.

the amonia D in windex will loosen the adhesives if you have window tint... it's one of the arensals i use when i REMOVE tint, actually. that's probably why it sort of worked on removing the adhesive residue you had on the paint.

i dont use windex on a regular basis as it just does not work as well as Griot's WindowCleaner or my favorite, Prima Clarity. you can use Clarity over plastic screens even...like my LCD's and blackberry.

there's so much great glass cleaners out there you should open up and try some other brands. even stoner's invisible glass is more effective than windex. someone saying that they're using windex on cars is equivalent to someone saying they use armorall on cars.

you asking how to remove such basic things (such as adhesive residue from paint) tells me you dont have much experience with detailing. which is fine, just do yourself a favor and try other things.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote