View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 04:43 AM   #31 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

tell me if im wrong but lets say you have different size bars, the bigger will obviously be stronger and im pretty sure better for the Z in the front. however...lets say you have all non-adjustable bars. depending where the mounting hole is will actually act differently with strength. i tried to do this before but no one chimed in.

based on just a round tube the Hotchkis is without a doubt the strongest based on moment of inertia even being hollow over say the whiteline at 27mm solid. Calculator for Engineers - Area Moment of Inertia, centroid, section modulus. the thing is though sway bars aren't just round tube. they bend in and out and then the mounting hole will be different for all. the whitelines obviously adjustable. the closest mounting hole to the flat original shape of just a round tube will add strength to the bar. a 32mm bar with a single hole further out should be weaker than a 31mm bar with a closer hole. depending of course how far out are we're talking.

all i want to know is, if you put your bars flat against a wall on the long smooth part of the bar and measure out the the start of your mounting holes, what do you get? i can measure the stock and whitelines 2 holes. id like to know these and Hotchkis as well.

Last edited by synolimit; 02-11-2015 at 04:51 AM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote