View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 10:14 PM   #33 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
I would be happy with 8200 or so regular use.

I have played a lot with the idea of getting a GT-R oil pump in here, even bought the pump... But it would require quite a bit of custom work and I am not sure I have the time for it. If the NISMO pump is good for 8200 I am all over it and that is good enough for a powerhouse straight-line engine. Otherwise I dont think I would take a stock pump past 7800.
My whole reasoning for wanting to get the nismo oil pump is b/c i want to build a moderate n/a car with all available mods along with a raised redline of 7800 -7900 rpm and have it be reliable as if stock. Were i wanting 8k rpm +, i would be looking into dry sump but honestly, for a noncompetitive track car, its just not worth it so nismo oil pump, baffled pan (eventually) or worst case spacer and just under 8k rpm limit and try to max out power with those constraints.

Btw, last nismo was tracked reg for 3 years with a 7900rpm redline, stock oil pump no issues.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote