View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
SpeedLimit55
Base Member

Drives: Slowww
SpeedLimit55 is on a distinguished road
Default Plasti dipped flat black fangs.

Alright, so I decided to give plasti-dip a try to see how my car would look with blacked out fangs.

My first impressions:

I really like the blacked out look of the front fang area. Especially more so that my car is Pearl White.

I decided to leave a little portion of the lip, white, for a bit more contrast which came out great. However, using plasti dip and tape, is not a good combination because removing the tape is a real pain in the butt. It also tore up bits of pieces of the plasti dip as the tape was being removed. I used a little razor blade which made it a little easier. However, if you look closely, you can still tell that it's not perfectly straight.

Aside from the lip at the bottom and the edge not perfectly straight, I think the overall look is a 9/10. If I decide to keep the look, I think I will end up using real paint for a more permanent solution.

Plasti dip is a fantastic product that allows you to see a rough draft of your project without actually making the job permanent.

****Edit**** I decided to re-do the bottom and paint the whole thing. I also did the rear valence, it came out awesome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5280.jpg (676.9 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0199.jpg (478.1 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0203.jpg (564.4 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0212.jpg (688.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0216.jpg (502.1 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg rear valence 3.jpg (481.7 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by SpeedLimit55; 02-11-2015 at 09:52 AM.
SpeedLimit55 is offline   Reply With Quote