Thread: STS Systems
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 10:50 PM   #88 (permalink)
LiquidZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mag. Black 2009 370Z
LiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufio11 View Post
I've been reading this post and I have always thought this would be the way to go for FI. One thing that I keep reading from you guys is that HEAT is needed to keep the turbos working at optimal performance, why do you think so? Its the speed of the air moving the turbo not the temperature of the air. Maybe better put would be that the exhaust moves the turbo, it doesn't matter how hot the exhaust is.
Heat is thermal energy. If you keep as much of that heat contained within the exhaust, your exhaust's energy will increase. In turn, the retained heat creates an increase in temperature. Keeping heat in the exhaust is best for turbos as it increases the exhaust velocity.

Last edited by LiquidZ; 12-06-2009 at 10:55 PM.
LiquidZ is offline   Reply With Quote