View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 02:02 PM   #474 (permalink)
dmhenderson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: AWD TT 370z
dmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to behold

This will likely be my last update:

-E85 conversion complete. Pushing a shade under 530 whp and 400wtq. Hilariously, premium is now cheaper per-gallon than E85. I can run both but have been running corn fuel just because it's fun.

-Clutch has given up entirely and just breaks loose under load at the top of the power band in 4th. Palpable dead spots in the clutch while accelerating in 2nd especially when cold.

-Curbed wheels refinished with gloss rather than satin. They sparkle like hell but look like giant "steal me" magnets. I actually had a guy chase me down yesterday flashing his brights and honking his horn (in a VW passat) asking where the wheels came from.

-Clutch replacement happening last week of March. Southbend Stage 3 Daily kit (apparently beefier than the super street) with replacement master cylinder, CSC etc. For the record, it's f'ed up that you have to replace the CMC automatically on a clutch with less than 15k miles on it but whatever. Joys of the VQ37 platform I guess. Price tag on that clutch kit is horrendous but I'm talking with Joe over at Zspeed to work something out once he gets back from vacation on Friday.