View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 09:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Kaldaien
Base Member

Drives: 2015 370z Nismo Tech
Kaldaien is a splendid one to beholdKaldaien is a splendid one to beholdKaldaien is a splendid one to beholdKaldaien is a splendid one to beholdKaldaien is a splendid one to beholdKaldaien is a splendid one to beholdKaldaien is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
FWIW, the GTmat is better at vibration dampening than noise. I installed their Onyx product in my hatch. Get some closed cell foam to go on top of the GTmat if you really want to reduce noise. Tires also make a big difference if you value quietness over performance.
Really? I thought the big deal about GTmat was its multi-layered design, it's supposed to offer a bit of everything so you don't have to lay down two different types of product. Now that I look at it though, Onyx does not have the top foam layer that Quadro does, so that might explain your experience.

I totally agree with you on the tires though. The OEM tires that came with my car made a really spooky sound at > 130mph They don't last long at those speeds though, and after I upgraded the new tires are much quieter
Kaldaien is offline   Reply With Quote