View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 08:47 AM   #54 (permalink)
Haboob
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 GTI Autobahn DSG
Haboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I believe 'reasonable and prudent' was the law in Montana when they had no speed limit. But if there is a posted speed limit, that is the law, and you are on the wrong side if you are speeding.

I don't think 100 mph on public roads could ever be considered 'reasonable and prudent'. However, I'm not about to sit here and tell you I've never done it

Also, I do not feel that he deserved to get into an accident. But there are consequences to every action. While getting your Z impaled on a guardrail is probably pretty low on the risk assessment list, having a major accident is probably tops on the list. And that's what happened. No surprises here. If he was drunk and depending on his injuries, the accident might be worse punishment than the courts would give him. And at least he didn't injure someone else.
It's defined here in Arizona as "beyond reasonable and prudent", which is why we can get away with 75-80 in a 65.

It's not like I do it all the time. Sometimes I just want to actually enjoy driving. Otherwise I ******* hate it, but there's no other option here in this state. Mass transit is almost non-existent.