View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 08:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
nemo
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370z
nemo is on a distinguished road
Default 350z to G37s to 370z

Hello Gents,

Proud new owner of a 2011 370z here in Plano, TX. Like the title says, my first car was a 350z track ed. and I absolutely loved it. That relationship ended sooner than I wanted due to a spun rod-bearing. I thought if I bought a g37s it would calm me down a bit. Infiniti makes a nice car, but it certainly lacked the excitement I was so used to.

I had been searching for a car for months, until I finally found the one for me hiding in Houston. This car had every option available and much more. The owner of the Z had hardly put any miles on the car, and had taken excessively good care of it. He stored in a garage, under a cover! Not to mention, he had invested quite a large sum of money into some highly sought after components! Overall, I don't think the sale could have gone any better, the seller was a terrific guy. Very organized and hospitable to my brothers and I (they traveled with me from Plano to pick it up). He also sold me the car at an unbeatable price. A lucky man I am indeed. Feast your eyes!

I travel 5 days a week for work, and sometimes board 10 flights in one week. So hearing airplane turbines and such got old really fast. After about a month of owning this car, I decided I couldn't deal with the road noise any longer. I opted for some GTmat 80mil Ultra and got to work on the car. (Note: these pictures do not necessarily show finished work, just some quick snaps I took along the way). So far, the ambient noise has decreased a noticeable amount, though I might line the floors and roof too.

I think I might work on the exhaust next (yes, entirely hypocritical I know), but who doesn't love the sound of the VQ. My childhood friend owns a shop in Garland, TX called "Elite Auto Werks". He's also the owner of an exhaust brand he sells from that location, known by the name of "Beluga Racing". Their products are identical to those of TopSpeed Auto, but I can get his for free so why not give it a shot!

Anyways, I'm glad to be a part of the community and look forward to learning from you fine group of men & women.

Best,
Nemo
nemo is offline   Reply With Quote