View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 04:27 PM   #121 (permalink)
RonRizz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2 feet, 3 pedals
RonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillaz View Post
Ron I remember seeing you saying this before and have yet to understand how you did it. If I recall correctly when I tried to install the XL's without spacers the magnet butted right up against the window guide rail inside the door shell. This is also on a non-Bose, but perhaps I just didn't have the speaker positioned correctly.
I have misled you, my friend...sort of. Although I do recall not using spacers (which I did not). I unfortunately had to remove my hertz woofers this past weekend..(Ronrizz did something foolish) It was then that I discovered how the drivers fit in my doors..... I actually used the Grills from the woofers, and ground the cone protectors off. weatherstrip and caulked onto the factory locations, then weatherstrip and caulk to the grill.
Basically, I made my own spacer with the grills. Sorry for the misinformation.
P99rs Head Unit--- Amps- 2 Pioneer Prs800d --- Zapco ST1000MX---Zapco ST-4XSQ---- SI BM mk5 Subs---SI TM65v2 Midbass--- SI M3 mids--- SI M25 xbl2 tweeters ----- 2016 MECA street class 3rd place at world finals
RonRizz is offline   Reply With Quote