View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 02:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteXpress View Post
Believe it or not but the UpRev MAF's made a difference with the way my car behaved. Had them installed on the original tune and she ran and idle just fine. Had to come back for a re-tune due to time and was told to go back to the stock MAF's as they were over kill. I was like cool put a little money back into my pockets. Don removed them the night before the re-tune going back to the stock MAF's. After the re-tune the car did not idle so well and would stall after high revs and even times if I stopped fast. Also had a flat spot in the RPM range that was noticeable. At this point I went back to my UpRev MAF's and took her up to Austin for a fresh UpRev Tune. She now runs great and no codes! My guess is the location of the MAF's are probably not the best spot as there is some turbulence going on inside of that Y pipe!
That's good to know. I just upgraded to 3" intake tubes because my MAFs are maxed. Hoping that will buy me enough head room to prevent having to go to upgraded MAFs.

Awesome build bud

jwick is offline   Reply With Quote