View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 02:14 AM   #4476 (permalink)
RoyaltyB
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '14 Nismo PW
RoyaltyB has a reputation beyond reputeRoyaltyB has a reputation beyond reputeRoyaltyB has a reputation beyond reputeRoyaltyB has a reputation beyond reputeRoyaltyB has a reputation beyond reputeRoyaltyB has a reputation beyond reputeRoyaltyB has a reputation beyond reputeRoyaltyB has a reputation beyond reputeRoyaltyB has a reputation beyond reputeRoyaltyB has a reputation beyond reputeRoyaltyB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
I've had my order in for a couple weeks now and I keep going back and forth in my mind between the 12" resonated vs. non-resonated exhaust.

This is no longer my daily driver car, but I do intend to daily drive it in the summer, because why not?

With that said, I want the exhaust to be definitely louder than stock so that it's obvious to others around me, but I don't want it to be painful/uncomfortable for the average daily commute of 8-9 miles each way to work, with a brief stint on the highway.

People throw the exotic word around a lot and I'd really like that to be the overall sound.

At the end of the day, if I got the non-resonated version and it was a little louder than I expected, I wouldn't be all that upset. I think I would be upset if I got the 12" resonated version and it wasn't quite loud enough.

For reference, I've got no plans to ever change from the stock cats - this is mostly a change for appearance/sound, as opposed to true performance.

I feel like this is a decision I've been trying to make for quite a long time now - can anybody help a guy out?
Neurosis,

If you even think for a second that you would be disappointed with the 12" resonated, think no more. Go non-res. I was in exactly the same place as you and literally one week before my exhaust was to be built I went non-res and carbon fiber, with stock cats. Absolute best decision I made for the exhaust. Here is a video I made about a week after I had the exhaust. Listen with headphones or stereo for best quality.

I will have had the exhaust for a year in about 4 days and it is my daily driver in a city with a lot of cops; of course I don't romp on it when they are around though . It still doesn't get old, I drive with the windows down every day!!! Better than any music I could play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqSuTAyJHF4

Good luck with whichever you choose.