View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 06:41 PM   #385 (permalink)
Z&I
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370z 6MT FI
Z&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by airikrankin View Post
Both would come up the passenger side either 2 out the fmic or one then y it off after its through rad support. Even if u cant remove the core from the manifold it wouldnt hurt to leave it in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually thought about doing exactly this with the GTM Air to Air fmic.

It has 2 air outs (split 45 degrees) and running the charge tubes back to the TB's on either side.
They mount the cooling fan behind the radiator pulling air in and through both the fmic and radiator.

Sounded real good but a few things put the Ka'Bonk on the idea.
1st was the location of the SC'r and Stillen bracket.
The SC'r is mounted up high on the drivers side and is therefore somewhat in the way.

This would probably mean getting real creative running the charge pipes.
There might also be another issue involving clearance since it is designed for use with the Rotrex on the passenger side down low, and GTM has designed their own motor mounts to accommodate their Stg 2 SC'r kit.
There might be a work around on that tho'.
Keep in mind that their kit is also designed for the Rotrex and 11:1 stock motors and lower boost than mine.

However, the biggest wet blanket at the party comes from GTM - not getting back to me with the price and not being able to deliver it in a timely fashion or even at all.

Their fmic is custom made for only them...and haven't been able to locate anything similar so far.

Too many 'if's' to waste too much more time sittin' and twiddlin' - but I did stop by the shop to look at my car and talk things over with the suggestions being made. (thanks for the input!)

On Monday the motor is scheduled to be put back in the car : take some measurements : and to look at how much room there is to make it all fit.

Still keeping this option open for now ... and the Ice Chest is also being planned.

>>> Keep... ...Positive<<<

Last edited by Z&I; 02-06-2015 at 06:51 PM.
Z&I is offline   Reply With Quote